Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

Raindrops on Roses

Fondant Roses on Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes

I wanted to make something absolutely decadent cupcakes for my dancing girls. They are gorgeous inside and out, and I wanted the cupcakes to be as well.


The real reason for the cupcakes was that it was Sarah's birthday. She's one of the girls that has been dancing with me for years now and has reached that status in my heart the demands feeding with delicious treats.


It was also a good time for me to practice making fondant roses. 


The cupcakes were supposed to be chocolate fudge, and I don't really think they were. However, they were chocolatey and delicious so I'm happy!

Chocolate Cupcakes

120 g dark chocolate (I used Bournville)
250 g butter
125 g cake flour
1 cup white sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence

1) Preheat oven to 165 C. Line two muffin tins with paper liners. You won't need all the holes in the second tin, but you can play it by ear.
2) Place a heatproof bowl on top of lightly boiling water. Put the chocolate and butter in the bowl, and allow them to melt. Then take them off the heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
3) Put flour and sugar into a bowl, and whisk to air and combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat throughly. Stir in the chocolate and butter, and vanilla.
4) Pour into muffin pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes until shiny on top.

They were lovely, but I'm still on the hunt for like crazy chocolate fudgey cupcakes. I'm looking for something soft and gooey and just irresistibly moreish. Let me if you have any ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment