Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Spaghetti Monsters

Pasta in Viennas for Kids

I've missed this blog!! I've been away for almost 3 months now? Wow it's been a long 3 months. But before we get to that, let's talk about Sophie. Sophie is a picky eater, and a picky everything else. Her being one of my favourite people in the whole world though, I'm determined to please. I wanna say these did the trick.. In all honesty, she did say 'yuck' between bites- but she finished it all!


And yes, this is super fancy kiddies food. You can see tomato sauce, mayonnaise AND the mysterious pink sauce there.  Haute cuisine indeed.


The past 3 months have been the most eventful of my whole life. Funnily the best and worst days of my life have occurred within a month of each other. Let's start with the best? OK! On Valentines Day, after   the best day EVER -  Ralph asked me to marry him!! Of course I said yes :-) and have since been dreamily planning our wonderful day. In about a year, Ralph will become Mr. Kitchen Treats!!

I've been cooking and baking since, but I think I just couldn't find the time to photograph and document it all. I'm back though- and excited!!

Pasta in Viennas for Kids

1-2 Viennas (I got nice German viennas from a butchery- and they went down well!)
package of dry spaghetti

1) Slice the viennas into chunks 1-1.5 cm each.
2) Break the spaghetti strands so that they will fit in your pot. Stick spaghetti through the vienna chunks- about 5- 8 per piece.
3) Cook as until spaghetti is tender.
4) Serve with dipping sauce.


I noticed that letting Sophie cook with me seemed to encourage her to eat the result. I love that cooking gave her some confidence with food!

No comments:

Post a Comment