Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Little Monsters

Cupcakes with a Silly Twist

These were so much fun! Everyone loved them and took extra for their kids (blue for boys, pink for girls)!



The atmosphere at work had been a bit stressed and I wanted to make something cheerful. I found these on the Charly's Bakery facebook page and loved how easily they made me smile.


I made the same cupcakes as for the Kitties - these are my favourite so they'll pop up often. I made a batch of vanilla butter icing (typical recipe here), and divided it into two big batches, and one small one.


I dyed one big batch blue and the other pink. Don't worry if the colours seem to not be as bright as you want, they do grow in intensity, just have a bit of patience. I used powder colours here and they worked great!

Use a grass attachment to create the furry look. You need some serious hand strength for this one! But once that's done, a normal round attachment did great for the eyes (make sure the attachment isn't too small- a mistake I made) and I bought some writing icing to do the black for the eyes (trying to dye something black is difficult and not rewarding.)

Looking at these pictures still makes me smile..

No comments:

Post a Comment