Pages

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Almost Healthy Broccoli Soup


The plan for this winter is: at least one soup a week. Tomato, butternut, broccoli and any other soup I can finagle. Look out for my grandma's pickle and cold meat soup sometime soon- Ralph flipped for it! Soup should be a good supper if you're trying to lose some weight- just need to skip the bread. I've been struggling with my weight for years now, and this is my weapon this winter when no doubt my butt will be firmly glued to the couch.



This soup got me through the last bit of winter last year. A lonely winter when Ralph was in Shanghai and I had to study all the time when I wasn't working. This soup allowed me to consume broccoli and still feel like I got a soup hug, with the bonus that it's quick to put together.

Broccoli Soup
From I Adore Food


1 onion
1 celery stalk
1 large head of broccoli
3 cups chicken stock
45 g butter
45 g flour
2 cups milk

1) Chop the onion an celery. Heat up some oil in a pot and add.


2) Fry until cooked and browning.


3) Cut up the broccoli head into florets- I cut mine up quite roughly. Add the broccoli and chicken stock to the pot.


4) Cook until the broccoli is tender, the use a stick blender to liquify.


5) Melt the butter in a separate pot. Add the flour, and cook for a bit. Take off the heat and add the milk gradually, while whisking. Put back on the heat and cook until the sauce thickens.
6) Add sauce to soup and whisk in.
7) Season generously, and serve to tired and cold family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment